The Art of Life by Maznayim

The Art of Life by Maznayim

Friday, October 28, 2005

Good Morning: My ACEO folk art creations...

Good morning world!

I've decided to create a blog to show case my art as I am creating it.
There is nothing I enjoy more in this world than painting, well, being a mother is close.

My favorite subjects are lotus, hebrew and women, oh and I forgot to mention hamsa art. See I get these little obesessions... currently I am on a Frida Kahlo obesession so I paint these tiny ACEO art cards. There sizes run about 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They are inexpensive and very collectible. You know... sort of like baseball cards, or any other collectible cards. People usually collect them and put them in sleeves, hard cases or display them in mini photo albums. The real artistic collectors frame them and hang them on the wall or stand them on a counter top.

Since I am using this blog to display my Art of Life, or my life of Art.... I will share a few of my latest creations with you.



This ACEO #70, of course, runs the standard size. It is my Frida Kahlo Tribute inspired by Gustav Klimt. Klimt seemed to have a real fascination with Egyptian coffin art. He loved women, as much as I love to paint women, although of course his paintings were more realistic whereas mine are more folk art type. He entombed his women with lots of metallic golds and silvers and worlds and worlds of geometric shapes. Some of his shapes are my favorites, such as the spiral, ovals/circles, triangles and the eye. I've seen Gustav Klimts works in the past but only recently, just before my 35th birthday, did they really jump out to call me in so I purchased a book of his art at my local BORDERS and I have been in love ever since.

A list of my favorite artists are:
Georgia O'Keefe
Paul Klee
Frida Kahlo
Richard Pousette-Dart
Marc Chagall
Jackson Pollack (his early days)
Gaugin

And my ACEO #69 another Klimt inspired:


P.S You can find many of my ACEO collections list on my Art Auction site.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love all your work, Tamu, but these have a special elegance.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Tamu. Your artwork is beautiful and you have a beautiful positive outlook on life.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home